In the 1990s, Russia missed a moment of explosive growth in aquaculture. Now the leading positions in this industry are occupied by China, Thailand, Vietnam, and Norway. Russia is in the position of «catching up with the leaders». First, this is due to the legal lack of regulation in this area, especially in the issues of securing fish — breeding areas for farms, the ownership of farmed organisms until they are removed from the reservoir.
All these problems should be solved by the GIS «Mariculture of the Far East», developed by JSC «Uralgeoinform».
GIS allows accredited authorities and the investment organizer:
- to provide in long-term and/or short-term plans annual volumes of withdrawal and cultivation by tenants of pasture and industrial aquaculture;
- to manage investor applications depending on long-term and / or short-term plans for the development of sea areas, regions, nature protection and anadromous river zones;
- to automate the formation, negotiation and approval of permits for the lease of land;
- to automate the formation of tender documentation and the publication of a notice of electronic bidding;
- to simplify the bidding process and the signing of a lease agreement;
- to manage investments by issuing:
- Regulatory legal acts that change the functions of the service;
- Regulatory legal acts that impose restrictions on land plots;
- Regulatory legal acts that remove encumbrances from land plots;
- Regulatory legal acts about the rules of conducting electronic auctions for fish farms;
- coordinate the terms, volumes and cost of objects in the context of site categories, location, destination, etc. on the basis of statistical data of electronic auctions.
Innovative effect of GIS «Mariculture of the Far East»
Benefits for the authorities:
- it motivates to maintain electronic registers: fish-breeding and fishing areas; specially protected natural territories; areas of indigenous small peoples of the North; protected areas of the mouths of anadromous rivers; small-scale shipping areas, etc.;
- it automates and simplifies the workflow of permits and regulatory documents;
- it automates, makes transparent, simplifies the procedure of electronic trading;
- it monitors the updating of the regulatory framework for water use;
- it reduces the time for the preparation and approval of permits and contract documents for the formation of the site and its lease;
- it minimizes the cartel component of trading.
Benefits for business:
- it allows the investor to independently and visually form the boundaries of the site, based on their own ideas about its rational use;
- it eliminates the need to collect permits and regulatory documents in various authorities, reduces the time to obtain them;
- it significantly simplifies the initiation of the procedure of electronic bidding for the right to lease the created site;
- it provides an opportunity to online participate in electronic auctions and sign an electronic contract for the lease of a land plot;
- it significantly reduces the period between the date of the formation of the boundaries of the site and the date of signing the lease agreement of the site;
- it proactively notifies the investor of the end of the lease term, for the timely submission of a new application;
- it minimizes the corruption component.